Friday, January 8, 2010

hum drummm

Drove for over an hour today to go get my race packet for the LA 31.1 run this Sunday and I have to say that was the most boring and uneventful race packet pickup ever! lol No expo, no free samples, nuttin! Just "here's your bib and t-shirt ma'am" then back in the car for the long drive back home. A bit of a disappointment really.

I've had three good running days in a row but probably only because I went back to my old comfy shoes and they were all pretty short runs. I am feeling better about my chances of a PR on Sunday though. I changed the Garmin settings so now it auto laps on every mile and the pace for each lap is prominently displayed. So far this seems to help motivate me to go faster because I can stay "in the mile" so to speak and not get overwhelmed by the long haul. Of course this is just a theory since my longest run since doing this was only 5 miles. I'll see if I still feel that way after the race on Sunday :) My training schedule calls for a 4 miler tomorrow but I think I'm going to cut that to an easy two just to stay loose so I have a better chance at feeling more energetic on Sunday. And I ordered two running books. They're not here yet but I'm looking forward to seeing if I can glean any good wisdom from their pages!!

Off to search for new music for the ipod... it's getting really boring, time to mix it up a little!

No comments:

Post a Comment